Raft has quickly become one of the top decentralized stablecoin projects, already reaching $60M in market cap despite no $RAFT token incentives. As the decentralized stablecoin space (within the LST sector) becomes more competitive, it is of the utmost importance that there is a plan for $RAFT to align incentives with the DAO and users.
TempusDAO has been building both Nostra Finance and Raft, and on October 2022 there was a proposal to reward $TEMP holders $RAFT tokens despite the product not being live yet: [Proposal] Rewarding TEMP holders following the launch of Nostra - Proposals - Tempus
Head of Product at Raft has also signalled that $TEMP holders will get $RAFT tokens: https://twitter.com/RTPthefirst/status/1651864627444350976
It is puzzling how there’s a plan for the $NOS token but not for the $RAFT token, when clearly Raft is a more mature protocol. Taking the structure from the $NOS proposal, I propose the following:
- TEMP holders will be eligible to receive $RAFT equivalent to approximately 60% of their percentage ownership of TEMP on a fully diluted basis.
This means that, for every 1 TEMP you own, you will receive at least 0.6 RAFT (assuming the fully diluted token supply for NOS will also be 1 billion tokens, which is yet to be confirmed). The staking program will run for a period of 1 years
To be clear, this is not a substitute - the $RAFT you receive is additional on top of any TEMP you already own.
- The number of RAFT given to TEMP stakers will be calculated on the basis of currently circulating TEMP and the final numbers may be higher than 60%, depending on how many people stake TEMP.
- Staking TEMP will be possible in advance of the release of RAFT. Details about the process to stake tokens will be announced closer to the launch of RAFT.
- Tempus SAFT investors and Tempus Labs will be claiming tokens from a RAFT vesting contract on the same basis to receive 60% of their percentage ownership of TEMP and will not participate in staking. Tempus Labs will have no right to issue additional RAFT after the token’s genesis.
- Reserve 5% of the supply for a community airdrop to retroactive users.
This would mean that approximately 30% of NOS would be distributed to TEMP holders, 5% as a retroactive airdrop, with the remaining 65% distributed between the Raft treasury, the community and new investors. $RAFT from the treasure will be used for liquidity mining.
I look forward to hearing the Raft community’s thoughts on this proposal.